What is Family Violence?

Family violence refer to behaviours that wilfully or knowingly cause hurt and places a family member in fear or hurt, confining or restraining a family member against his/her will, and causing continual harassment with the intention and knowledge of causing anguish to the family member (Women's Charter, 2009)



PLaces where I can get help from:

If you need someone to talk to about the issues that weigh you during this COVID period, you may call the National Care Hotline at 1800-202-6868. It is manned by specialists trained in psychological first aid. It is open from 8am to midnight daily.

Family Violence Specialist Centres

There are three centres (PAVE, Trans Safe Centre, Care Corner Project Start)

where you get support,

including applying for a

Protection Order


Call 999 or go to the nearest neighbourhood Police Post or Center for help

Family Service Centers

Go to the nearest family service centre for help or if you need someone to talk to

Call Hotlines

There are various hotlines available if you need support. However, if you are in imminent danger, please call 999

Family Justice Court/Syariah Court

You can apply for Protection Order or Expedited Order at Family Justice Court 

Do you still have questions about your situation or where to seek help? Write to our helplink about your situation and we will assist to refer you to the relevant social services agencies in the community.